To avoid unnecessary discomfort and pain, safety from slippery floors in and around your living and work area is a serious concern. Every day, many people are getting accidentally hurt from falling on a slippery surface; however, a few simple changes such as adding non-slip flooring products can minimize the number of accidents that occur often.
How Do I Make My Tile Slip Resistant?
Inherently, slipping occurs when the coefficient of friction between a person’s footwear and the floor is insufficient to support the dynamic movement. The prime causes can be smooth shoe soles, poorly maintained floor mats, moisture, and so forth. Such conditions develop a low coefficient of friction, which laterally raises the threat of slipping and falling.
Slip and fall accidents are preventable if the building owners carefully follow preventative measures to limit the risk of slip and fall accidents in their facilities. Although this will not eradicate the risk of accidents completely, it provides a standard of measurement in maintaining facilities, and as much as possible.
- Select high-traction, slip-resistant floor tiles for facilities. Since selecting the floor material does not become slippery when wet from the beginning, choosing textured slip-resistant materials for the floor minimizes the risk of accidents from the very beginning. A high-traction floor with the least threat of slip and fall can only be achieved by adequate maintenance management that also covers the safety standards.
- Moisture, dirt, mud, etc. reduces the coefficient of friction between the two surfaces which causes injuries. Make sure to keep the floor super clean and maintained in order to minimize the risk of accidents.
- Create a floor environment that guarantees ultimate traction between the shoes and floor, specifically the hard surfaces are required in an efficient facility.
- Use permanently installed features such as high-quality floor mats, and carpet runners. Using these items will trap dirt and contaminants, however, periodic inspection and maintenance are required to manage wear and tear.
What Is The Best Non Slip Material?
Whether it is a home or business setting, there are several considerations for selecting non-slip flooring material. Matching the slip-resistant solution with the environment of the floor is essential. For example, areas that receive heavy traffic should be given high-quality slip-resistant treatment for tile.
The nature of the floor is also crucial to consider for determining which non-slip product works best. The anti-slip products made for exterior floors or warehouses may not work the same on the interior floors. Also, there are some areas that may not require a complete coating application.
There are several reputed companies formulating anti-slip floor products, however, the quality of expertise and end-user support varies widely.
Do Consider The Following Things While Choosing The Right Specific Products:
- Prefer buying from a reputed manufacturer who ensures you provide support in the event of a slip/fall accident.
- Make sure to read and understand the product technical data.
- Look for “UL Approval” on the label, and ask for written documentation to confirm the products meet industry standards for slip resistance.
Slip and fall accidents can be easily avoidable with using the right floor products. When performance is essential, having a long-lasting anti-slip treatment that is easy to clean will help you save money on injuries and even regular maintenance.
What Kind of Tile Is Not Slippery When Wet?
You may find different types of floor tiles for your place, however, the ones which you should prefer installing are ceramic floor tiles. Being made from clay and then baked at very high temperatures, ceramic floor tiles are very strong and put up a lot of resistance as compared to the other tiles which are less resistant.
To know more about slip-resistant surfaces, visit www.halkstop.com!